To do a disk alignment you can follow the steps below:
- Check which disk you want to allign
- Using diskmanager is the fastest option
- “My Computer” – “Manage” – “Disk Management”
- For example this is Disk 1
- Go to “Start – run – CMD”
- Type “Diskpart”
- Type “List disk” to see the disks and sizes when “Size” is the same like the disk you saw in Diskmanager you are now ready to select it.
- Type “Select Disk 1”
- Disk 1 is now the selected disk
- Now create the partition with the good allignment
- Type “Create partition primary align=1024”
- After this you will get a success message that the partition is created with the correct allignment.
For more explanation about this see: