Quitter (CLI Twitter Application)
A few days ago I found a nice very lite twitter app. It’s a CLI which works like a charm.
So don’t expect flashy visuals and gui’s like most other twitter applications. Just back to basics for fast reading and posting 🙂
It’s also completely standalone uses only one executable and one configuration file. No installer needed, just unpack the ZIP file.
You can download it at
With Quitter, you can…
- Read, post, reply and retweet.
- Organize the people you follow into groups and read tweets by group.
- Filter (or highlight) tweets from specific users or that contain certain #hashtags.
- Use URL shorteners like TinyUrl.com for tweeting URLs.
- Easily open tweeted links from other users in your default browser (no copy/paste needed)
- Send and receive direct messages
- Follow or unfollow other users
Quitter runs on Windows 2000/XP/Vista and requires Version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework or higher (version 2.0 was released in 2006; most Windows machines should have version 2.0 or higher).